Carbon Monoxide Kills One, Hospitalizes Two in Cedaredge
by Watch Staff
Sep 12, 2013 | 2088 views | 0 0 comments | 32 32 recommendations | email to a friend | print
REID GATES (right) ran through practice drills at Cedaredge High School during the first week of practice in August. Gates, a senior, died on Monday after accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. (Photo by William Woody)
REID GATES (right) ran through practice drills at Cedaredge High School during the first week of practice in August. Gates, a senior, died on Monday after accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. (Photo by William Woody)
slideshow

CEDAREDGE – One Cedaredge High School Student died Monday and two other students remain hospitalized in Denver after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Reid Gates died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday at St. Luke’s Hospital in Denver. Students Aaron Henrie and Tyler Cooper are still hospitalized.

According to The Daily Sentinel, the three Cedaredge High School students were accidentally poisoned by carbon monoxide as they watched movies inside a fifth-wheel trailer aided by an on-board generator. The trailer was parked in an enclosed garage.

All three were players for the Cedaredge High School football team, which won the school's first Class 1A state title in 2012.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet